Day Retreat – Rewrite Your Story: Journal Therapy to Change Your Narrative
October 25 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$100
Join us for this afternoon retreat in the lush wooded gardens of the South Coast Guest House.
Journal Therapy is an intimate, healing practice of using guided writing prompts to connect with self and create understanding and perspective around our innermost thoughts and feelings. Led by transformational coach and independent author Cat Skinner, the writing exercises in this retreat are carefully curated to offer participants the following:
- Deep awareness of core personal values
- Challenging the self-talk that keeps us from making change
- Silencing the inner-critic
- Nurturing creativity
- Engaging imagination
- Cultivating self-compassion and moving through shame
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Articulating purpose and passion so you can answer your heart’s call
- Creative writing as a means to express emotion
- Managing where we invest our energy
- Stream of consciousness writing to create mental space
Each participant will be gifted a hand-crafted journal by local Niagara artist Samantha Nan plus an individual snack pack (with plant-based options available) to nourish and recharge over our break.
Space is limited to 10 participants, so register early to secure your spot.
Sunday October 25th
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
South Coast Guest House Gardens
This event is outdoors only. Participants will be asked to self-screen for symptoms on the day of the event and to kindly stay home if they are unwell. Physical distancing will be in place, and we ask that you kindly bring a mask to wear indoors when using the restrooms.
*Cancellation policy – A refund, less a 10% administration fee, is eligible with up to 24 hours notice. No cancellations are accepted 24 hours before day retreats, workshops, classes, solo or couples’ sessions. Last-minute cancellations due to illness or new COVID safety protocol will be converted to credits towards future events or any of our other journal therapy offerings.Register Here